256 marginal st. bldg 32
east boston, MA 02128
note: the charlestown tap room is CLOSED
*no tours thursdays, growlers and cans only
ON TAP EXCLUSIVES
Dark & Stormy
a little bermuda via new england. we went deep into unchartered waters with this one-- a dark rum barrel-aged unfiltered cider with ginger and lime juice.
a tribute to hazy memories of ross and tyler’s semester in hawaii many years ago. with the perfect balance of tropical juiciness and tartness, one sip will have you feeling like you’re cruising down the coastline with the boys, puffing on some maui wowie and heading for the beach. hawaiian shirt and man-sandals not included (but not entirely discouraged).
ALSO ON TAP
unfiltered and unfettered...the way cider should be. (samples, growlers, cans)
a tip of the cap to that one time we got kicked out of a casino in maine after a few too many lewiston martinis. roasted joe is a coffee and bourbon infused cider with the perfect balance of rich nuttiness and toasted oak. worth every ounce of trouble.
Drier side: hopped grapefruit
something refreshing to remind you spring is on the way - dry unfiltered cider with fresh grapefruit juice and ekuanot hops
looking for a tour? make a reservation and we'll show you around (on us), topped off with samples (on us) and a flight of cider (also on us).
make a reservation
getting an error or grayed-out page while trying to book a tour? that means the tour is sold out, unfortunately. ...sorry about that. while we can't add extra people to sold-out tours, we'd still love to have you in for a free tasting. come on by any time we're open and we'll have plenty for you to try, including some exclusive small batch stuff you can't get in stores.
GROWLERS/KEGS/CANS/MERCHlooking for growlers, kegs, cans, or merch? swing by our east boston cider house during normal tour hours to try samples of any of our ciders on tap and grab some cans and growlers to go. available ciders:
- ORIGINAL BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs, 1/2bbl kegs
- CRANBERRY BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs
- DOUBLE BLEND - samples, growlers (cider house exclusive)
- ROASTED JOE: Coffee & Bourbon - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs (limited one-off)
- DARK & STORMY - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
- DRIER SIDE - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
- DRIER SIDE: HOPPED GRAPEFRUIT - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs
- ALOHA FRIDAY - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
we pay our employees so you don’t have to. keep your tip money and buy your mom some flowers. if you really have money burning a hole in your pocket, we’ll donate it to a local cause carefully chosen by downeasters.
february taproom tips will be donated to…
Globe Santa was created in 1956 to deliver holiday gifts to local children in need. That year, Globe Santa collected $51,000 in donations to help 6,200 Greater Boston area families. The number of families requesting assistance has continued to grow. More than 1 million families and more than 3 million children have been served by Globe Santa during the past six decades.
The good will of the community has always been Globe Santa's greatest strength. Neighbors helping neighbors; families helping families; generations joining together in a tradition shared throughout the Greater Boston community.
PETSunfortunately, we can no longer allow pets on the cider house production floor due to fun police (us gov’t) regulations. we do have space to tie your good boy/girl while you grab what you need.
- THE T - take the blue line to maverick station. downeast is a 0.6 mile, 12 minute stroll through east boston’s jeffries point. give yourself extra time to make a pitstop at piers park (undercover best spot for picnics or pick up b-ball).
- BY BOAT - prefer to cruise over? so do we. boston harbor cruises offers water taxi pick up spots across the city’s waterfront. give them at ring at 617-227-4321 for drop off in the east boston shipyard, stop #68. the ride over doubles as one of the best ways to see the city.
- BY CAR - if you have to drive, toss the address into your gps. please note…
- BY UBER OR LYFT - turns out a lot of drivers are sadistic maniacs that like to drop people off in the creepy vacant parking lot where our old facility was in charlestown. we don't know you, but you probably don't deserve that... probably. when you're setting the destination in your app, make sure to put in "256 marginal st east boston" and not just "downeast cider house"-- and just double-check with the driver that they know you're going to east boston. otherwise, you're in for a pretty unfortunate surprise.
we have 16 parking spaces directly in front of our building (building 32…please do not park anywhere else in the shipyard). there are plenty of spots along marginal street leading into the shipyard if you're cool with walking a few feet.