256 marginal st. bldg 32
east boston, MA 02128
note: the charlestown tap room is CLOSED
***we will be closed on Friday 12/15
*no tours thursdays, growlers and cans only
ON TAP EXCLUSIVES
Lime Gose Cider
like a margarita without the midnight text to your ex.
Drier side: hopped grapefruit
something refreshing before the cold sets in-- dry cider with fresh grapefruit juice and equinox hops.
roasted joe: coffee & bourbon
a tip of the cap to that one time we got kicked out of a casino in maine after a few too many lewiston martinis. roasted joe is a coffee and bourbon infused cider with the perfect balance of rich nuttiness and toasted oak. worth every ounce of trouble.
our own take on a classic style-- not dry dry.... just drier.
ALSO ON TAP
unfiltered and unfettered...the way cider should be. (samples, growlers, cans)
fresh-pressed cape cod cranberries make for a tart bite finish.
ben's uncle, a reality show winner, lives on an off-the-grid maine island chock-full of wild berries. this unfiltered cider is packed with blackberry, blueberry, and raspberry. more tart than sweet. juicy as hell.
a reward for all that shoveling. we keep it interesting with toasted oak chips, cinnamon bark, nutmeg, and a little extra kick to help forget you have to go back out there.
looking for a tour? make a reservation and we'll show you around (on us), topped off with samples (on us) and a flight of cider (also on us).
make a reservation
getting an error or grayed-out page while trying to book a tour? that means the tour is sold out, unfortunately. ...sorry about that. while we can't add extra people to sold-out tours, we'd still love to have you in for a free tasting. come on by any time we're open and we'll have plenty for you to try, including some exclusive small batch stuff you can't get in stores.
GROWLERS/KEGS/CANS/MERCHlooking for growlers, kegs, cans, or merch? swing by our east boston cider house during normal tour hours to try samples of any of our ciders on tap and grab some cans and growlers to go. available ciders:
- ORIGINAL BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs, 1/2bbl kegs
- CRANBERRY BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs
- WINTER BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs
- SURVIVOR BOB - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs (limited one-off)
- ROASTED JOE: Coffee & Bourbon - samples, growlers, cans (limited one-off)
- DRIER SIDE - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
- LIME GOSE CIDER - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
- DRIER SIDE: HOPPED GRAPEFRUIT - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
we pay our employees so you don’t have to. keep your tip money and buy your mom some flowers. if you really have money burning a hole in your pocket, we’ll donate it to a local cause carefully chosen by downeasters.
december taproom tips will be donated to…
Adapt Outdoors, LLC
Adapt Outdoors, LLC strives to accommodate people with disabilities and veterans in pursuit of their outdoor dreams. We plan on assisting our clients to have a positive experience in the outdoors either in the field or on the water.
Adapt Outdoors, LLC is aimed to provide a service to people with disabilities and veterans who share the same passion as well as spreading awareness about a population who have much to offer the hunting and fishing communities.
- THE T - take the blue line to maverick station. downeast is a 0.6 mile, 12 minute stroll through east boston’s jeffries point. give yourself extra time to make a pitstop at piers park (undercover best spot for picnics or pick up b-ball).
- BY BOAT - prefer to cruise over? so do we. boston harbor cruises offers water taxi pick up spots across the city’s waterfront. give them at ring at 617-227-4321 for drop off in the east boston shipyard, stop #68. the ride over doubles as one of the best ways to see the city.
- BY CAR - if you have to drive, toss the address into your gps. please note…
we have 16 parking spaces directly in front of our building (building 32…please do not park anywhere else in the shipyard). there are plenty of spots along marginal street leading into the shipyard if you're cool with walking a few feet.