256 marginal st. bldg 32
east boston, MA 02128
note: the charlestown tap room is CLOSED
*no tours thursdays, growlers and cans only
NEW ON TAP
an unfiltered blend of apples, pumpkin, and chai spices. if fall we're a drink, it'd be this.
cranberry. is. back. just kidding. but we did take cranberry-lime cider, aged it in tequila barrels, and came out the other side with red agave.
ALSO ON TAP
the one that started it all. the original unfiltered craft cider. we leave the good stuff in there. it's the reason our cider actually tastes like... well, cider. (samples, growlers, cans)
hey, it gets hot around here. maybe not as oppressive as some other places, but hot enough to make us crave something a little lighter, a little crisper, and a little quaffable. that’s where SB comes in – an unfiltered apple cider with the tart and tang of lemon and ginger.
looking for a tour? make a reservation and we'll show you around (on us), topped off with samples (on us) and a flight of cider (also on us).
getting an error or grayed-out page while trying to book a tour? that means the tour is sold out, unfortunately...sorry about that. while we can't add extra people to sold-out tours, we'd still love to have you in to taste some cider and snag some growlers or cans. come on by any time we're open and we'll have plenty for you to try, including some exclusive small batch stuff you can't get in stores.
GROWLERS/KEGS/CANS/MERCHlooking for growlers, kegs, cans, or merch? swing by our east boston cider house during normal tour hours to try samples of any of our ciders on tap and grab some cans and growlers to go. available ciders:
- ORIGINAL BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbl kegs, 1/2bbl kegs
- PUMPKIN BLEND - samples, growlers, 1/6bbl kegs
- DOUBLE BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbls
- DRIER SIDE - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbls
- ALOHA FRIDAY - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbls
- SUMMER BLEND - samples, growlers, cans, 1/6bbls
- RED AGAVE - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
- HARD ARNOLD - samples & growlers only (cider house exclusive)
we pay our employees so you don’t have to. keep your tip money and buy your mom some flowers. if you really have money burning a hole in your pocket, we’ll donate it to a local cause carefully chosen by downeasters.
this month taproom tips will be donated to…
RESPOND, a pioneer in the movement to end domestic violence, is New England's first domestic violence prevention agency and the second in the nation. For over 40 years RESPOND has provided life-saving shelter, a crisis hotline, support services, training and education to more than 100,000 members of the community. Services are free, confidential, and available to all survivors of domestic abuse—women, men, teens and children. Together, we can end domestic violence.
unfortunately, we can no longer allow pets on the cider house production floor due to fun police (us gov’t) regulations. we do have space to tie your good boy/girl while you grab what you need.
- THE T - take the blue line to maverick station. downeast is a 0.6 mile, 12 minute stroll through east boston’s jeffries point. give yourself extra time to make a pitstop at piers park (undercover best spot for picnics or pick up b-ball).
- BY BOAT - prefer to cruise over? so do we. boston harbor cruises offers water taxi pick up spots across the city’s waterfront. give them at ring at 617-227-4321 for drop off in the east boston shipyard, stop #68. the ride over doubles as one of the best ways to see the city.
- BY CAR - if you have to drive, toss the address into your gps. please note…
- BY UBER OR LYFT - turns out a lot of drivers are sadistic maniacs that like to drop people off in the creepy vacant parking lot where our old facility was in charlestown. we don't know you, but you probably don't deserve that... probably. when you're setting the destination in your app, make sure to put in "256 marginal st east boston" and not just "downeast cider house"-- and just double-check with the driver that they know you're going to east boston. otherwise, you're in for a pretty unfortunate surprise.
we have 16 parking spaces directly in front of our building (building 32…please do not park anywhere else in the shipyard). there are plenty of spots along marginal street leading into the shipyard if you're cool with walking a few feet.